Please excuse our mess as we redecorate.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

What is up with those shoes?

Apparently the new fashion trend in infant footwear for your little girl is high heels.
No joke! I’m totally serious.
According to msnbc.com and the Today Show, the manufacturer of these shoes, Heelarious says they are “Fashionable. Adorable. Hilarious. Ingenious. Yes, we're talking about the latest rage in shoes to hit the market since Sex and the City made Choo and Louboutin household names." Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that this company is comparing your daughters to characters who were (and I’m a big fan of the show) in their mid thirties and forties? I’m not even going to go anywhere near their sexual exploits!
I don’t have a daughter, but as a self confessed “Girls' Girl”, I can’t see how dressing an infant in heels (even if they are pink and so soft they feel like UGGS) is good for them. In my opinion your sending the message, “The quicker you learn to rely on your looks and charm the better you’ll be, because you’ll never be able to make it on your brains alone sugar!" I can totally see how some would think these cute, and sassy, accoutrements for their little princess or diva; however I’d much rather spend the $35 retail on UGG booties for my baby than some Hoochie Mamma Heels!
Nicole


0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey