Please excuse our mess as we redecorate.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Strange Happenings

This evening was out of the ordinary. It was weird, and that's kind of nice.

At about a quarter till 9:00 p.m. the power went out in my neighborhood (I'm still not sure about the surrounding area). The lights flickered on and off twice, and then everything went dark. Well, almost everything, my living room was nicely illuminated by both my laptops which happened to be turned on. I was in the middle of working on my new website http://www.mommy-vine.com/ and I switched over to the newer laptop because besides being shiny and pretty it has a bigger and better screen. Anyway, I digress.

My sons and I sat in our living room for about ten minutes once I realized that the lights weren't going to come back on immediately I started the process of lighting every candle I owned, so my living room was nicely lit and "cozy" as my neighbor put it.

So while my son played with his flashlight and I fed the baby we sat in our softly lit living room snuggled under a blanket, I was trying desperately to get my older boy to fall asleep - it didn't work, as illuminating different objects in the room and calling them by their name out loud was much more fun.

"Look Mommy, I found my Wii!"

"Look, Mommy, Mommy LOOOOOK, I found my train set."

Then my son said the funniest thing. "Mommy, Daddy be here soon. He needs to fix the lights."

As I began to explain to him that although Daddy is great at fixing most anything, I didn't think he'd be able to fix this. I told him that the Electric Company would need to do that. At which point he very matter-of-factly and in no uncertain terms told me that his "Daddy can fix anything!!!" Well! When you put it that way...

The rest of our time was spent pretty much the same way as we waited for the Daddy who could fix anything to get home.

You know what? Within five minutes of his arrival, our power magically came back on.

Perhaps my son knows something I don't.

Nicólle

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey